|Location||Garner, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Garner, NC, USAReq
Thursday, December 30, 2021
Oversees and directs the activities of yard personnel in order to ensure good customer service and safe and efficient movement of goods and equipment on the premises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Directs workers in loading, unloading and movement of materials on the premises utilizing material handling equipment and machinery; oversees receiving of yard materials and instructs yard workers in receiving and storage procedures.
1. Inspects loading operations for outgoing delivery to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, load limits and safety regulations; prepares and reconciles bills of lading and packing slips.
1. Provides on-the-job training to new yard employees including product knowledge of items stored in yard and warehouse and housekeeping and safety procedures.
1. Performs same work as other yard employees.
1. Ensures that outside areas kept neat and clean and scraps and yard debris are appropriately recycled or disposed; reports safety hazards and handles remedial action.
1. Assists customers in loading and load building; provides delivery status information, inventory availability and answers related questions.
1. Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices and ensures that employees observe all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injuries or damage; schedules periodic safety meetings and solicits recommended changes to improve safety procedures.
1. Other duties may be assigned.
+ Working knowledge of yard and product activities on location including component or materials weights and methods of loading
+ Ability to plan and coordinate work processes to maintain and increase manpower and equipment efficiency
+ Advanced knowledge of operation and handling of all machinery and equipment used in the yard; maintains certification to operate such if required.
+ Communication skills sufficient to speak before teams and work groups to explain work rules, product standards and productivity goals
+ Ability to read and write work schedules and reports
+ Knowledge of basic math, counting and estimating
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and four (4) years experience performing and coordinating yard or manufacturing activities; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The work environment and physical activity described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work is performed primarily in an outdoor yard environment, subject to variations in temperature and weather, equipment noise and dust.
1. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
1. May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call or email: . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
+ Job FamilyOPS
+ Pay TypeHourly
+ Garner, NC, USA