|Date Posted||January 28, 2022|
Trades & Services
The Welder joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques and operating welding equipment. Welders interpret blueprints, specifications, drawings or schematics to determine appropriate welding processes.
In addition to complying with all safety, environmental, quality, and core policies, and contributing to the companys Zero Harm and Zero Defects commitment, the following briefly describesprimary activities (not all activities) that are regularly performed
* Understand blueprints/drawings and the ability to interpret and apply design aspects to current projects.
* Ability to successfully pass AWS D.1.1 Welder certification test.
* Good mechanical and trouble shooting skills.
* Position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
* Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications and to determine structural soundness.
* Review engineering drawings and blueprints to determine material requirements and task sequences.
* Overhead crane operation.
* Perform daily maintenance checks on equipment.
* Dimensional inspect product using standard measuring equipment.
* Meets all quality assurance standards.
* Complete safety training program for welding position.
* Responsible for housekeeping in work area.
* Follow all safety and operating instructions.
* All other duties as may be assigned.