|Location||San Diego, California|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Tower Worker Foreman
1. Ensures safety standards and requirements are adhered to by craftsmen
2. Understands and has a good working knowledge of RF theory.b
3. Understands and can operate RF test gear adequately to properly perform sweep, PIMs Testing and Troubleshooting operations required by clients.
4. Knows the proper procedures for all types of rigging operations. Can perform and inspect all types of rigging equipment and operations.
5. Has basic electrical knowledge.
6. Ability to perform basic computer related tasks. (E-mail, Word and Excel Operations, Find information on the internet, etc.)
7. Ability to operate a capstan.
8. Has basic civil work skills used to build telecommunications sites. (Pour concrete, carpentry, landscaping, heavy equipment operation, etc.)
9. Ability to build all types of communication sites. (Self supporting, guyed, monopoles, and Rooftops)
10. Connector and RET certified.
11. Ability to prepare all types of required internal paperwork. (Schedules, daily reports, timesheets etc.)
12. Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, sweeps, and specifications.
13. Tower climbing certification required.
14. Basic first aid/CPR trained and certified.
15. Must have a valid U.S. drivers license.
16. Sets the example and tone for his crew to follow.
17. Performs job walks to identify tools and equipment needed, size and skill level of crew required for the completion of the site and schedule requirements.
18. Gives direction to the crew as required and ensures that directions are followed.
19. Advises on craft personnel advancement.
20. Responsible for quality of work and conformance to specifications on communication sites as well as the work behavior of his/her crew members and subcontractors.
21. Responsible for procurement of all tools, equipment, and material needed for the craft personnel at the crew level.
22. Responsible in helping train crew members.
23. Responsible for required paperwork and sweeps.
24. Directs subcontractors as required and ensures they follow all proper procedures.
25. Interfaces with inspectors and site techs as required.
26. Enforces all Bechtel/Direct Hire policies and practices.
27. Ability to fill the position or replace someone for a short period of time. (One position below or above)
Auto req ID:
San Diego, California
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to or call +1- for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.