|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
Trades & Services
RMCC Operations Technician
Job Title: RMCC Technician (Remote Control Center Monitoring Operations Technician)
Location: San Jose, CA (Remote for now, but will eventually move into the San Jose, CA facility around September of 2021).
PAY: Hourly wage with the likelihood of 10-15 hours of overtime every week. 5% bonus and full benefits.
This is a monitoring job that serves as the first line of action for any alarms that sound in their installed systems. Any technical background, monitoring, wrench turning experience would be applicable. High level of responsibility. 24/7 365 schedule.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate company's fuel cell systems maintenance, site maintenance, facilitate the safety observer role as needed and assist in 2 person required evolutions as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
The following MINIMUM levels of experience and or education are required:
• High school diploma & 9 years' experience in electrical field
- Or -
• Technical diploma, Journeymen Certification, Electrician Certification in a technical field and relevant industry experience of 7 years (electrician, electronics technician, field service, technician, test engineer, etc.)
- Or -
• 7 years electrical related military experience (e.g. Navy Nuclear Electronics/Electrical Technician, Naval Electrician, Gas Turbine Electrician) and 5 years of relevant commercial electrical experience
Skills and Experience:
• Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/repair skills; understanding of mechanical systems, piping, plumbing and valve operation preferred.
• Electrical experience required, troubleshooting & repair skills necessary.
• Prior experience as an electrician in any of the following: 3phase systems, UPS (back-up power) systems, maintenance, electrical generation and distribution systems, power electronics, Automatic Transfer Switch Systems, and microprocessor based control platforms is highly beneficial.
• Experience with various test and measurement equipment, electrical codes and personnel safety products and procedures.
• Must be able to read and interpret electrical single line diagrams and blueprints.
• Experience with performing equipment maintenance in accordance with ANSI/NETA standard for Electrical Power.
• Experience with monitoring/operating systems in operation.
• Basic understanding of requirements of working safely.
• Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Demonstrates sound judgment.
• A team player who exhibits a high level of integrity and professionalism in all situations.
• Able to follow procedures and execute sequenced work instructions from either written and or verbal communications.
• Ability to lift 45-50lbs.
• Able to facilitate 24x7 operations as needed.
• Able to facilitate On Call Duty as needed.
• Able to facilitate shift work as needed.
• Able to travel as needed.
• Duration: Travel duration of up to 8 weeks in one travel session.
About our client:
Our client faces an unprecedented opportunity to change the world and the way companies utilize energy. We have recently launched a "game changing" solution called "Always on" that will help companies power their primary business operations without disruption with cleaner, more reliable electricity generated on-site with no combustion.
The company's mission is to make clean, reliable, and affordable energy for everyone in the world. The Company's product delivers highly reliable and resilient, 'Always-On' electric power that is clean and sustainable. Their customers include twenty-five of the Fortune 100 companies and leaders in cloud services and data centers, healthcare, retail, financial services, utilities and many other industries.