|Location||Fort Mill, South Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Substation Civil Structural Engineer
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Substation Civil Structural Engineer will provide civil-structural engineering and technical expertise to transmission substation engineering and design teams to deliver safe, cost-effective, and quality engineering and design services with a company that is experiencing extreme growth in Fort Mill SC. The Substation Civil Structural Engineer will be involved with civil-structural specific design and direction on complex engineering and technical challenges for projects. The Substation Civil Structural Engineer will lead discipline specific work for projects, perform responsible charge engineering duties, and manage project schedules and budgets in addition to supporting proposal development, project cost estimating as well as supporting business development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create civil-structural project scopes, estimates, budgets, and schedules for substation projects
- Perform calculations for various foundation types including drilled piers, spread footers, and transformer pads
- Design transformer oil containment systems
- Analyze new and existing steel (or wood) structures using modeling software
- Oversee the work of junior staff and mentor designers/drafters
- Collaborate with senior civil engineers to create best practices, quality assurance, and processes and procedures.
- Collaborate, communicate, and liaise effectively with other design disciplines, colleagues, construction contractors, consultants, materials suppliers, and clients
- Ability to interpret written specifications and implement them on engineering drawings.
- Ability to read, understand, and create civil engineering drawing packages associated with the physical layout of a substation, specific to the creation of foundation and structure designs.
- Visit sites, advise on civil and structural engineering issues, and modify design to solve issues during construction
- Provide general project management capabilities to coordinate staff, assign tasks, and accomplish projects in an efficient manner
- Assist the Project Manager in the preparation and review of proposals and contracts for the civil-structural scope
- Support design needs for permitting activities
- Manage budgets and project schedules
- Work independently and Team-Oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of advanced electrical engineering concepts as they impact civil-structural designs
- Sitting at workstation for extended periods of time viewing monitors
- Working on keyboard and using computer mouse
- When visiting client sites must follow site safety rules and work in all weather conditions
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor s degree from accredited Engineering Program
- 5 to 7 years experience as a practicing engineer
- Experience in power utility industry is desired
- Licensed Professional Engineer or the ability to be licenses within one year
Our client offers competitive wages and benefits. Prior to beginning work, all applicants must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screen as well as a background check, inclusive of criminal. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted