|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Medical Air and Vacuum Systems Service Technician serves as an ambassador for the Company and is responsible for repairs and maintenance of medical gas equipment residing on client property. Services are performed on-site and on-demand, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform daily equipment checks to diagnose and repair problems with medical air and vacuum equipment before they occur.
- Perform annual and semi-annual maintenance and testing on medical air and vacuum systems.
- Respond to emergency calls within 1 hour during normal operating hours and 2 hours outside of normal operating hours.
- Program, troubleshoot microprocessor and PLC-based equipment controls.
- Resolve customer initiated technical issues.
- Ability to startup and troubleshoot medical gas equipment.
- Work at customer site daily.
- Build and maintain client relationships through regular visits.
- Serves as a technical resource to customers.
- Partner with company sales representatives and management to increase service and aftermarket business.
- Ability to travel to assist other company technicians as needed.
- Complete daily reports and maintenance checklists as required and send them to the customer and company admin team.
Candidates with prior field experience with medical gas systems are encouraged to apply. Factory certifications for any type of compressor air equipment are not mandatory, but would be beneficial.
- Strong Mechanical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Good Communication, Customer Service and Consultative Skills.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to use computer and service software.
- Must have own hand tools
- Must live within 1 hour of Portsmouth Naval Hospital located at 620 Paul Jones Circle, Portsmouth, VA 23708.
- Willing to train the right candidate
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but may serve as a coach and mentor for other service technicians learning about medical air and vacuum systems.
This job operates in Hospital Facilities, Industrial Plant or Service Shop environments. This role routinely uses hand and power tools as well as office equipment such as laptop computers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This position would require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted occasionally. Ability to climb and work on ladders and scaffolding.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, but candidate must be able to work flexible hours. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Local travel is expected with this position 100% of the time.
Required Education And Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Required License And Certifications
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.