|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Service Technician serves as an ambassador for the Company and is responsible for managing equipment installation and repairs for pumps and all related rotating equipment products. Services are performed on-site and on-demand, to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Servicing pumps and related equipment.
- Provide technical service, start ups, installation and repairs.
- Complete written evaluations, recommendations, and related company reports.
- Able to work with service software for communication and scheduling.
- Positive attitude and desire to grow an existing sales & service business.
- Able to care and maintain a company vehicle.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong Mechanical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Able to use precision measuring tools i.e. dial calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Align equipment using laser alignment and dial indicators.
- Customer Service and Consultative Skills.
- Able to work with a team environment.
- Strong work ethic with ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to clearly communicate with engineering, technical support, sales, management, and customers.
- Thorough understanding of products and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Understand how to layout and fabricate piping systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Knowledge of safety regulations for working with hazardous chemicals.
- Knowledge of safety guidelines for handling high pressure and high temperature liquids.
- Perform required inspection as directed per work instructions and quality checklist.
This job operates in a service shop environment both on company and customer site locations. This role routinely uses hand and power tools as well as office equipment such as laptop computers, and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There may be times where overnight travel is required.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or postsecondary certificate in related discipline required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous field experience working on related pump equipment is highly desired.
- Previous work history of 2 to 3 years with a service based organization.
Required License and certifications
- Must have a valid, unexpired driver's license.
- Good driving record.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.