|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
What You Will Do
This team member is a detail-oriented, organized and a dedicated professional who will be responsible for supporting multiple business critical products. The efforts will be accomplished by utilizing automation, scripting, and multiple toolsets. This individual will be heavily involved in the planning, installation, automation, security and improvement of all systems and services across multiple environments and data centers. Strong working knowledge is needed in the following areas: multi-cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure), troubleshooting/analytical skills, creative problem solving, Linux/Unix, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to 2019, container security, open source technologies. Advanced knowledge needed with load balancers, networks, Docker, Kubernetes, Python and PowerShell. Support of the production infrastructure and application is on a 24/7/365 basis.
Your Day to Day Essential Duties
· Works closely with DEV, QA and Product Management teams during the agile release process
· Responsible for taking the lead on building automation of specific applications and CI/CD pipelines. Team member is responsible for researching valuable emerging technology and implementing technology that will bring value to the team and overall company.
· Responsible for automation and streamlining of all operations and processes.
· Will work in conjunction with manager to develop tools and applications that allow ConstructConnect to efficiently scale and deliver compute, network and application services. Members will take the lead for writing, testing, and deploying code to specific applications and services. Individual is responsible for mentoring, coaching, and knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
· Work with the ConstructConnect Security Team to help develop security engineering requirements, procedures, and policies for on-prem, cloud/container-based systems
· Will support the promotion and implementation of robust monitoring, metrics, and alerting for our cloud based/on prem systems.
· Will be responsible for supporting a highly available production infrastructure environment and support infrastructure throughput software life cycle while collaborating with Development and other internal business partners to deliver a highly scalable and available application.
· This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones that team members can be required to perform
What You Bring to the Team
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
· 7 - 10 years of relevant work experience
· Strong working knowledge of supporting Linux/Unix and Windows Servers
· Advanced scripting experience in one or more of: Python/Go/Ruby/Powershell
· Experienced in production troubleshooting and tabletop exercises
· Advanced knowledge in Docker, Containers and Kubernetes
· Strong hands-on knowledge of orchestrations via Ansible and Ansible Tower
· Strong hands-on and working knowledge of CI/CD best practices and tooling
• Jenkins, TeamCity, CircleCi, GitLab/Bitbucket pipelines
• Integrate static and dynamic analysis tools in build pipeline
• Database deployment capability to release pipeline (automate schema changes across all databases)
• Incorporate test automation and quality gates into build pipeline
• Pipeline-as-Code and GitOps best practices and standards
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor and coach other team members.
· Experience with relational and noSQL databases
· Ability to use a wide range of open source technologies and cloud services.
· Leveraging multiple tools to support environment across life cycle. Supporting and implementing systems and perf monitoring, APM's, automation tools, software delivery tools, and Development support tools.
· Strong understanding of on prem/cloud networking and concepts, troubleshooting, and working in fast paced and ever-changing environments.
· Strong written and verbal skills as well as being able to support multiple projects and workload simultaneously.
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available 24x7x365 Production environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the working day
· Needs to occasionally move about the office to communicate with staff and attend meetings
· Constantly operates a computer
· Frequently communicates verbally with peers and management
- · Must be able to analyze detail close-up