|Date Posted||July 29, 2022|
SENIOR CIVIL ENGINEER
HBK is transforming essential infrastructure to achieve a sustainable future and empower the communities where we live and work.
HBK Engineering is seeking experienced civil engineering candidates who have an interest in working in the energy and telecommunication sectors.
$85k+-commensurate with experience
- Independently apply extensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices to ensure design compliance with relevant specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Use advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to address unique and complex civil and construction-related challenges.
- Directly oversee a team of up to 12 entry- and mid-level engineering staff, approve timesheets, conduct annual reviews, and work with project management to load balance engineering resources.
- Perform quality control and serve as the engineer of record for designs.
- Work with senior engineering peers to drive department-level process improvements relating to training, quality control, and human capital development.
- Own all phases of the design lifecycle from initiation through construction completion and project closeout.
- Work with project management as the engineering lead on projects to identify and engage all relevant project stakeholders including internal design team, permitting, construction, community members, governing authorities, and client project management to guarantee project success.
- Communicate complex engineering matters to a variety of project stakeholders.
- Independently manage time, schedule and budget to achieve project milestones and financial targets.
- Prepare detailed estimations and risk management strategies for new opportunities.
- Prepare and review reports and studies meeting client requirements that present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform field walkdowns with internal staff, clients, customers, governance authorities, and construction partners as needed.
- BSE in Civil Engineering
- PE license
- 7+ years of civil engineering experience, preferably with utilities projects
- 3+ years leading/mentoring engineering teams
- 3+ years of prior experience serving as the engineer of record on infrastructure and/or utility related designs preferred