|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Senior Category Manager
EquipmentShare is searching for an experienced Senior Category Manager responsible for procurement of equipment for our rapidly growing rental fleet.
This role would ideally be based out of our Headquarters in Columbia, MO. Remote is a possibility, but would require frequent travel to Columbia, with overnight trips.
At EquipmentShare, we do things differently. We are more than a construction company and you are more than an employee. EquipmentShare, a nationwide construction technology and equipment solutions provider, is looking for skilled, curious hard-working problem solvers to add to our growing team. Despite our growing footprint, we run our company like a small business and put people first -which is why we offer a workplace like no other where team members collaborate, innovate and make meaningful contributions while accessing some incredible perks.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country in the next couple of years.
Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart jobsite technology we ve built into our rental fleet. And it s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improves our customer s experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team. Our mission is to improve productivity and efficiency throughout the entire construction industry, and our people are how we make achieving that goal possible.
We re seeking a Senior Category Manager looking for the opportunity to take a leading role in our equipment procurement team. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you ll find no shortage of rewarding experiences to build new skills while working with supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
- Reports to the VP of Fleet. Interact frequently with multiple key stakeholders across Fleet, Branch Operations, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Accounting, Service, and Business Analytics. Play an integral role in growing a National Equipment Rental Fleet
- Annual New Equipment Procurement. EquipmentShare annual capex for Equipment products exceeds $1.5B. Work directly with the VP of Fleet to determine effective allocation across product lines.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with strategic manufacturers and vendors.
- Make company level decisions on equipment specifications and preferred vendors.
- Increase the equipment product lines we have available to our customers by exploring new manufacturers and products.
- Asset disposal.
- Continuous improvement. Evaluates, develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures, and policies related to equipment fleet procurement, maintenance, and disposal.
- Partner with others to design and implement process and system updates in support of global initiatives.
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- In depth knowledge of specific categories equipment (Aerial, Material handling, etc)
- At least 10 years of experience in equipment procurement.
- Procurement experience as the key decision maker for equipment specifications, manufacturers, and vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to build out and lead a team with direct and indirect reports.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple departments.
- Experience with new process development, process improvement, and roll-out of company initiatives.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of managing and scaling through significant growth.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can adapt quickly to change.
- High level of integrity, trust, and confidentiality required.
Why We re a Better Place to Work
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance and medical coverage benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteering and local charity initiatives that help you nurture and grow the communities you call home through EquipmentCare
- Opportunities for career and professional development with conferences, events, seminars, continued education
Since our founding in 2015, we ve had explosive growth-and we re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V