|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the month-end close process, including the preparation of journal entries, accounting reconciliations, and supporting schedules. Additionally, the Accountant will research and report on the monthly financial variances.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support, foster, promote and demonstrate Stairtek's Core Values; grit, innovative, integrity, resourceful, results oriented, and high standards.
- Monthly close process through the preparation of general ledger journal entries and accruals, account reconciliations, supporting schedules and financial reporting. This includes performing account analysis, investigating variances and issue resolution.
- Documents, evaluates, and improves design of reports and processes to ensure that analytical tools evolve as business changes.
- Assists management with the development and maintenance of the performance data systems designed to review organizational and product performance.
- Prepare assigned balance sheet reconciliation timely and accurately.
- Maintain the general ledger and related journals, including monthly and year-end accruals.
- Compile and analyze financial information and prepare detailed supporting schedules and analysis.
- Assists in the execution of financial analysis and drive business results.
- Assists in preparation of the annual budget, including processing data and review for reasonableness and accuracy with respect to prior year, current budget, and historical trends.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline or improve existing accounting processes.
- Continues to develop knowledge base to keep current on existing and emerging issues; applies this knowledge to assist business managers in growing their business.
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the CFO or higher authority.
- 3-5 years in relevant accounting experience is required.
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Solid understanding and application of accounting principles, concepts, and practices.
- Experience with Sql and Tableu is preferred.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously and communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers, and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Proficiency with a variety of software packages such as Access, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Must be results driven, detail oriented, and be able perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently, as well as, in a team environment.
Academic / Educational Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field is required.
- Must be able to move throughout all areas of the plant(s) as required to perform duties.