|Location||Kansas City, Kansas|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
EquipmentShare is Hiring a Quality Engineer
EquipmentShare is searching for a Quality Engineer to support our Robotics and Embedded Systems Teams at our headquarters in Columbia, MO or at our operations in Moberly, MO or Kansas City KS.
EquipmentShare is dedicated to creating a connected job site for the modern contractor. We deliver user-friendly technology solutions that help contractors maximize their equipment uptime, reduce risk exposure and increase productivity. EquipmentShare s product offerings include an improved equipment rental experience, fleet tracking and asset management software, hardware security solutions and predictive service and maintenance applications.
EquipmentShare is the fastest-growing, independently owned construction equipment rental company in the country. We serve dozens of markets across the U.S. and are on track to create a national footprint in every major market in the country by the end of 2023. Our branch locations are equipped with a broad range of construction equipment, ranging from 150-foot telescopic booms to 120,000-lb. track excavators.
EquipmentShare s rapid growth goes beyond meeting a demand for equipment rentals in booming new markets. Instead, our mission begins with our rental product, and it s a testimony to our ability to improve industry standards and better serve the customer. Our expansion and customer retention is a validation of strong contractor demand for the smart job site technology we ve built into our rental fleet. And it s just the beginning of our journey to establishing a global presence.
Your Opportunity to Grow With Us
The EquipmentShare team is a close-knit group of professionals who all share an interest in providing a service and product that improve our customer s experience. Above all, we care about building something people want, and the only way to do that is by assembling a skilled, passionate and talented team. Our mission is to improve productivity and efficiency throughout the entire construction industry, and our people are how we make achieving that goal possible.
We re seeking a Quality Engineer who loves a challenge and wants the opportunity to grow with a fast-paced company. Industry competitors often have layers of tenured management that create barriers to career advancement. The opportunity for career growth is unparalleled at EquipmentShare, where you ll find no shortage of challenging yet fulfilling work, chances to build new skills and supportive teammates who will push you to achieve your best.
- Provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for warehouse, manufacturing, and product development teams.
- Use quality planning tools to create quality plans for products within the manufacturing, order fulfillment and customer support processes.
- Responsible for testing and analyzing electronics components and wiring harnesses for incoming product and warranty returns.
- Investigates product and process quality related issues and recommends changes to control plans and/or prints.
- Communicate findings with internal/external team members.
- Use quality tools to focus on prevention by identifying and performing activities to minimize risk.
- Perform quality audits for the warehouse.
- Creates Quality metrics and communicates low hour failures, etc. and develops resolutions to repeat issues.
- Associate's or Bachelor s degree in technical field preferred.
- Experience with and strong working knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management (knowledge of AS9100 or IATF16949 is a plus).
- Ability to travel for business required (less than 10%).
- Meticulous attention to detail
Our mission to change an entire industry is not easily achieved, so we only hire people who are inspired by the goal and up for the challenge. In turn, our employees have every opportunity to grow with us, achieve personal and professional success and enjoy making a tangible difference in an industry that s long been resistant to change.
Skills & Qualifications
- You ve got a strong knowledge of communication buses: CAN, USB, Serial, I2C, SPI.
- You re capable of designing hardware solutions using PIC and ARM embedded microcontrollers.
- You ll be a great communicator (verbally and with the written word) as you ll work closely with team members to review schematics and new designs.
- If you re not based in Missouri, then you re willing to relocate to work at our headquarters in Columbia, MO., or our Technology Center in Kansas City, MO.
Why We re a Better Place to Work
- Seriously great culture: Sure, we work hard, but family and personal wellbeing come first. Our workplace is supportive, fun and feels like a family-operated business because it is!
- Health benefits and Life Insurance: Full medical benefits, rewards for healthy habits and an onsite gym with personal training available.
- Competitive compensation packages plus a 401k match
- Casual work environment: Flexible and collaborative work environment with in-office and remote positions available
- Ergonomic setup and new tech
- Wellness benefits: On-site fitness facility, rock climbing wall, walking trail and chef-prepared meals and snacks.
- Rewards for your hard work: Gift cards, dinner for your family every month on us, happy hours and fun events to say thanks for your contribution
Since our founding in 2015, we ve had explosive growth-and we re not stopping anytime soon. Ready to invest in our mission, invest in yourself and discover a better place to work? Then we d love to meet you. Apply today.
EquipmentShare is an EOE M/F/D/V