|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||July 30, 2022|
Trades & Services
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Service Experts Company Perks and Benefits for YOU
Top Pay for Top Performers, including incentive and bonus opportunities, depending on the position
- Our Top Plumbers earn over $130,000
Generous PTO provided
- 19 paid days off within your first year of employment (vacation, personal holidays, & national holidays)
- 24 paid days off after your 2 nd year of employment
- No layoffs during "Slow Season" - due to our extensive customer base, you will never have to worry about not being able to provide for your family year-round
- Ready to get out of your work truck? We have ample advancement and career-growth opportunities available across the U.S.
- Hold on to your more of your paycheck with Company-sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance programs
- We provided wellness program options for free employee medical
- Company-provided smart phone, tablet, uniform plan, and tool replacement program
- We ll make you better at what you do with our internal Training Academy
- Best-in-class 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with attractive company matching contributions
- Company-paid employee Life Insurance with options for YOU and your Family!
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options that will protect you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, and health advocacy programs
Come join the BEST and the BIGGEST team in HVAC: Service Experts Heating, Air Conditioning, & Plumbing!
Under general supervision, performs diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in residential and light-commercial environments. Holds plumbing and/or gas license as required by governmental regulations. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Assembles, installs, or repairs pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance to specifications and plumbing codes. Communicates with customer to answer questions, resolves problems, and ensures complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or General Manager.
- High School diploma or equivalent with on-the-job and formal classroom training in plumbing work in construction, maintenance, commercial, and residential environment
- Four years experience in plumbing repair, maintenance, and installation in addition to on-the-job training
- Current knowledge of and continuing education in national, state, and local plumbing code regulations
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various plumbing projects
- Knowledge of machines and tools used in the construction or repair of houses, buildings and other structures. This knowledge includes machine and tools design, uses, repairs, and maintenance.
- Working proficiency in basic mathematics and metric and standard measurements
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with plumbing systems and equipment
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Must be willing to train new plumbers in technical skills and company procedures
- Valid driver s license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company-matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protect you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner. Identifies potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing systems carrying water, steam, chemicals and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains. Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures; test joints and pipe systems for leaks, open clogged drains, measure, cut, thread, bend, ream and install pipe and pipe fittings. Inspects high pressure, air, steam, water and gas systems to ascertain malfunctions.
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment. Weld small pipes or special piping, using specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as computer-assisted welding or microchip fabrication.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels, and cuts openings
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools. Anchors steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place. Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand or power tools.
- Measures, cuts, threads, or bends pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machine
- Installs underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing
- Reviews blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details or procedures. Interprets drawings and specifications to determine layout requirements. Studies building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Fills pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Directs helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems or components
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for
- Follows standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned
Health & Safety Roles and Responsibilities
- Reports any unsafe acts, conditions and hazards to direct supervisor/manager immediately
- Reports any contravention of legislation or company policy, procedure or program to direct supervisor/manager immediately
- Corrects substandard acts or conditions within area of control
- Uses and maintains appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as prescribed by company program(s) or procedure(s)
- Never removes or renders ineffective any safety guards, devices, or clothing prescribed to be in place or worn
..... click apply for full job details