|Date Posted||April 15, 2021|
Trades & Services
2 positions available
Cooperative Producers, Inc. (CPI) is a diverse company with employment opportunities that cover a wide variety of fields. We are always looking for qualified, passionate candidates that can help make our cooperative more successful! CPI is looking for a Millwright to join our team. We value our employees and are committed to their professional development, engagement, and success. We recruit and retain the best people to continually deliver value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available for overtime and weekends during peak season hours.
- Follow the safety guidelines and safety programs established by CPI and complete safety reports and required records.
- Responsible for the physical labor on industrial agricultural projects, including, but not limited to preparation, welding, assembly, and maintenance of new and/or existing grain handling and agronomy facilities.
- Collaborate with operators on machine operation variations or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Responsible for working with a variety of hand and power tools, heavy equipment/machinery, material handling, and equipment.
- Support plant and field operations.
- Support maintenance for other projects as needed.
- Assure proper setup, calibration, operation, and preventive maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities.
- Operate welding and fabrication equipment when required.
- Operate forklifts, loaders, etc. when required.
- Conduct seasonal prep work including preparing equipment and scheduling materials.
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or related experience and/or training.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Ability to lift up to 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and to sit, climb, balance, stoop, stand, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Fabrication and welding experience are a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service.
- Works well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet business demands at times.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles and/or toxic or caustic chemicals. Occasionally exposed to adverse weather conditions and temperatures, high, precarious places, and usually loud noise levels.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to pass required physical, background, and drug test.
What's in it for you?
Cooperative Producers, Inc. offers all the valuable benefits you'd expect from a top employer, as well as some you might not expect. We developed our employee benefits with one key objective: to serve the needs of our employees and their families. CPI offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, paid time off, holidays, Co-op Retirement Plan (defined benefit), 401(k), Employee Profit Sharing Plan, major sick leave, industry training and development, Employee Referral Program, and Employee Assistance Program.
CPI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, marital status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws., CPI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Powered by JazzHR