|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
About Evoqua Water Technologies
Evoqua Water Technologies is a leading provider of mission critical water and wastewater treatment solutions, offering a broad portfolio of products, services and expertise to support industrial, municipal and recreational customers who value water. Evoqua has worked to protect water, the environment and its employees for more than 100 years, earning a reputation for quality, safety and reliability around the world. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, the company operates in more than 160 locations across ten countries. Serving more than 38,000 customers and 200,000 installations worldwide.
Apply today to join our 4000 professionals around the world as we pursue our purpose: Transforming Water. Enriching Life.
The Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Manager is accountable to develop, implement, and manage the Quality Management System and (eLM) Evoqua Lean Management System to support the local operations in Thomasville, GA. This role is responsible to lead and develop the local Quality and Manufacturing Engineering personnel through formal development plans and mentorship. This Manager will work directly with the site leadership team to develop annual strategic deployment plans and lead key business initiatives to improve our customer offerings. This role will also join a team of like individuals across various plants to gain enterprise perspective, share leading practices, and drive standardization.
Benefits for the Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Manager
- Self-Managed time off
- Paid Holidays
- Dollar-for-dollar 401k match up to 4% of annual salary, with a profit-sharing component becoming available after 1 year of employment.
- Customizable benefits package with a multitude of options. Benefits effective immediately provided enrollment is completed within 30 days of hire date.
- Career progression plans
- Reward and Recognition Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Company Wellness Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Retirement Plan
The above is only the beginning of what Evoqua has to offer. With over 160 locations spread throughout 10 countries, room for growth is essentially in your hands. If you believe that we would be the right fit for you, please apply today.
Core Responsibilities and Tasks for the Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Manager
- Live our culture and exemplify our Growth Enabling Behaviors to be highly enabled to deliver, highly empowered to succeed and highly accountable to lead
- Develop, deploy and own Quality Management System
- Lead the Quality Control and Manufacturing Engineering teams in the Thomasville Operations
- Lead the Thomasville Operations to ISO 9001 certification
- Lead the implementation of the (eLM) Evoqua Lean Management System for the Thomasville Operations
- Provide input and feedback to the corporate Quality Management System
- Actively participate in the plant Strategic Deployment process
- Act as a change agent to implement key business initiatives
- Lead advanced manufacturing initiatives to improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors
- Assist in determining manufacturability / feasibility, and implementing quality checks and measures
- Track projects to completion and evaluating effectiveness of countermeasures.
- Lead root cause analysis determination kaizen and drive the implementation of mistake proofing to eliminate and preventative actions
Position Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Manager
- BS Degree in Quality or Engineering required
- 10+ years experience in Quality and/or Operations
- 5+ years managerial experience
- Experience in leading Lean Manufacturing events (Kaizen, 5S, etc.)
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma Black Belt, SME Lean Bronze Practitioner
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience with APQP procedures and ISO 9001 standards
- Experience implementing lean framework and kaizen activity
- Ability to affectively lead projects to completion with sustained results
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints with GD&T and welding symbols
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
Additional Details for the Manufacturing Engineering & Quality Manager
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%
Evoqua Water Technologies prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Evoqua Water Technologies takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
EEO is the Law - Poster (PDF)
Evoqua does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from search firms.