|Location||Rock Island, Illinois|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
Please note we are located in Muscatine, IA
HNI Workplace Furnishings, HON and Allsteel, have a Maintenance Team Lead opening in Muscatine, IA!
Provide daily leadership to skilled trades members through guidance from upper level Leaders in order to maximize facility performance in the areas of quality, productivity, and efficiency while maintaining a safe and positive work environment. Coordinates maintenance, repair, and upgrade of existing assets in addition to maintaining electrical, plumbing, mechanical, and related systems. Determines action plans to comply with internal/external customer demands for reliable processes/equipment to eliminate failures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assure all Safety regulations are followed and adhered to.
- Provides guidance and assigns work to Skilled Trades members.
- Provides input pertaining to member performance evaluation, merit increases and disciplinary corrective action.
- Determines material, equipment, and supplies to be used to maintain facility or production assets.
- Utilize reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and PM/PdM programs.
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of all existing assets to ensure that machines, processes, and facility equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Provide training to Skilled Trades members where needed.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems using in manufacturing product, equipment, processes, and facilities.
- Promotes and supports CMMS systems. Develops and implements Preventive Maintenance, Predicative Maintenance, and Total Productive Maintenance programs.
- Participate in activities as appropriate to ensure the success of the organization
Education Required and/or Preferred:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Advanced Degree or completed Apprentice program in a skilled trade related field, or 3-5 years of equivalent experience or a combination of both is preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in providing and implementing solutions in equipment, process, and facility reliability in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Development of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance programs
- Previous experience in leading teams to successful outcomes
Skills and Abilities Required and/or Preferred:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Apply problem solving techniques to evaluate and resolve conditions to maximize operating efficiencies.
- Must be able to perform the same work as other Skilled Trades members.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong communication and leadership skills required to ensure positive productivity.
- CNC programming software experience
- RCI experience including 3P, Standard Work, and Standard Work Layout.
- Proficient in plc, software, panel view, and panel control software.
- Proficient in MP2 or CMMS software
Physical Effort and Working Conditions:
- Must be willing to work hours necessary to implement projects, equipment, and factory layouts.
- Obtain needed Safety Certifications.
- Must adhere to Plant safety rules guidelines.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 (fifty) pounds.
- Stand or sit a minimum of 8 (eight) hours.
- Continuous movement of hand, hand together with arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or maneuver raw materials through machine processes.
- Continuous coordinating of two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm).
- Continuous and repetitive use of wrists, hands, arms, and legs including bending, lifting and gripping.
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2020 for the diversity of our Board of Directors and was named in 2020 and 2021 as one of America's Most Responsible Companies by Newsweek.
How we act today protects how we live tomorrow. Check out our 2020 CSR Report here:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), are not just core beliefs at HNI - they are operational imperatives. We value each other s differences in experiences and ideas to solve problems and better serve our customers. Take a look at our DEI goals here:
We also invite you to visit us at to learn more!