|Location||West Palm Beach, Florida|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Are you looking for an opportunity to join Gilbane in Southeast Florida, where we have a growing number of multidiscipline projects?
This position will be initially focused on a brand new sports training facility in the beautiful West Palm Beach area!
The General Superintendent is responsible for the overall field on a large project, leading a team of superintendents to ensure that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the day-to-day coordination of Gilbane s trade contractors and their sub-contractors turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule
- Manage the project budget for general conditions and site services
- Develop, document and communicate the work plan regarding changes made in the field
- Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise
- Obtain or verify that the subcontractors obtain all necessary permits for construction purposes
- Verify safety compliance with all trades; act as primary safety representative in the field and enforce quality control policies
- Conduct maintenance and planning of "work-arounds," shutdowns and tie-ins
- Establish credibility among owners, trade contractors, unions etc. by maintaining a fair and trustworthy environment
- Lead contractor meetings on a regular basis
- Oversee daily reports and documentation using Procore
- Create, manage and update the project schedule, create and implement contingency plans when necessary
- Communicate schedule status, updates and changes to Project Team and Trade Contractors
- Plan, coordinate and manage jobsite logistics
- Oversee project quality plan and implement necessary changes
- Resolve jurisdictional disputes
- Aid in the development of project team
- Leverage Business Insights - Understand and act on industry trends, local market and economic conditions and our business model to make decisions and create competitive advantage.
- Deploy a Strategic Mindset - Take a broad, global perspective when considering proactive solutions to long-term opportunities and risks that might develop in the future.
- Display Emotional Intelligence - Demonstrate the capacity to recognize feelings and patterns of behavior and those of others. Manage emotions effectively in ourselves and our relationships.
- Build High Performing Teams - Demonstrate the capacity to recognize our feelings and patterns of behavior and those of others. Manage emotions effectively in ourselves and our relationships.
- Drive Team Accountability - Determine priorities and delegate work; monitor and communicate progress. Establish measures to assess the impact, quality and timeliness of results; praise success and learn from mistakes.
- Coach and Develop Others - Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities. Plan for and support development of individual skills and abilities.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 10-15 years experience on a $15-50+ million commercial/industrial construction project or multiple projects in a superintendent role ( experience with sports facilities/sitework preferred)
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Procore
- Must be construction-document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- Must have experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling, and cost control
- Must have strong knowledge and appreciation of construction safety processes and ability to enforce the project safety plan
- Must be able to create an environment where "safety first" is the culture and all trades people work with an incident and injury free attitude
- Must have experience supervising a project team
- OSHA 30 hour certified
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.