|Location||State College, Pennsylvania|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Trades & Services
Fleet Mechanic - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus (CDL-A)
Join Our Community of Food People! Great opportunity and compensation maintaining our fleet! $25 - $28 / hour PLUS $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K & Life insurance
- Strong safety culture
- Quarterly Tool Bonus, Twice Yearly Boot Allowance and much more!
- Excellent local leadership.
- Relocation assistance available for qualified applicants.
CDL-A licensed for 3rd/night shift opening
US Foods is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and a continuous improvement focus.
Essential Duties Include:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, rebuild, replace and complete all required repairs on diesel equipment (i.e., tractors, trailers, bobtails, reefers, lift gates, etc.)
- Perform preventative maintenance within company standards.
- Complete documentation of all repair orders, PM list and parts accountability.
- Handle road service calls; perform road rescue/transport equipment as needed.
- Keep track of assigned repairs by logging in and out of the Shop Fax system.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in compliance with workplace safety rules and regulations and government guidelines.
- Maintain inventory and proper recordkeeping.
- Backup to other maintenance shop personnel.
- Willingness and capacity to assume increased responsibility and certifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have (3) years of verifiable hands-on experience as a heavy duty commercial diesel mechanic or reefer mechanic or a combination of both; or (2) years verifiable hands-on experience with either Diesel Mechanic Certification or TK/Carrier Refrigeration Certification or both.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting competency relating to equipment repairs.
- Successfully demonstrated independent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in administering appropriate PM program.
- Must furnish own personal hand tools.
- CDL A and DOT certified.
- Ability to comply with EPA and OSHA regulations as pertaining to the shop and fleet.
- Ability to read and understand technical and service manuals.
- Excellent communication skills; able to communicate with co-workers and drivers with demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to manage multiple functions simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Computer and software experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to work overtime when needed.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status