|Location||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2022|
POSITION - PROJECT EXECUTIVE
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full performance responsibility for a project or group of projects, including but not limited to: financial oversight, construction quality, ensuring owner satisfaction, safety performance, oversight of quality metrics and quality performance, oversight of subcontractor selection, major package buyouts, terms and relations, oversight of project documentation and project schedule and risk management.
- Ensure that the project strategy is clearly defined and communicated.
- Formulate and develop contract terms with clients and communicate them and associate project risks to the project team.
- Establishing budget controls and assuming responsibility for profits and losses
- Evaluate and approve change proposals
- Supporting and at times initiating continuous improvement initiatives - (for example but not limited to: LEAN construction methods - pull planning, everything is on pallets, colocation, A3s, etc.)
- Review design documents and verify complete and accurate scopes
- Collaborate with PreConstruction and VDC/BIM departments to ensure profitability accuracy and correct scheduling
- Identify and resolve design conflicts and missing information by preparing, tracking, submitting, and distributing pre-construction RFIs
- Providing consultation to project development and pre-construction team members to support efforts to win potential future projects.
- Work directly with our Operations Officer for manpower loading and scheduling
- Responsible for executing the schedule and tracking schedule
- Foresee risks in the schedule and ability to clearly communicate potential constraints to client / GC and corporate team members while also providing proactive solutions
VDC / BIM
- Work with the VDC/BIM team to evaluate Construction Documents and collaboratively lay out the electrical design of buildings in the most efficient, code-compliant fashion possible.
- Must attend BIM meetings with the project team to assist with coordination with other trades, review 3D coordination models with the VDC/BIM Team prior to sign off and review shop drawings before dispersed to the field for installation.
- PreFab plan will require significant coordination with the BIM Team, management and field supervision standpoint along with coordination throughout the process with General Contractions and the other trade partners.
- Collaborate with the design team, General Contractors and other trade partners early in design to review feasibility of pre-fabrication elements and ensure that design is coordinated with the pre-fabrication goals.
SAFETY & QUALITY CONTROL
- Use corporate safety programs while also implementing site safety specific programs based on specific safety risks of the project details
- Work with Safety Department and Coordinators to create a comprehensive and time specific safety training program
- Ensure PTPs are completed by tasks and by foreman on a daily basis by crew
- Develop an extensive and collaborative LOTO process involving the General Contractor, Client, Superintendent, Foreman and Safety Coordinator
- Implement and enhance the corporate quality control program
- Use Corporate Commissioning Policies and Procedures and adapt standards to project specific needs to create a site-specific commissioning program
LEADERSHIP & TEAM
- Coaching and consulting for assigned project team members with responsibility of all Associates in the Project Team
- Organize an effective team to develop and execute various project deliverables
- Foster a strong team working environment
- Enhance client relationships through high quality service and successful project performance.
- Working with early-career project managers, assistant project managers, superintendents and other field staff by supporting them in their career development activities to grow internal talent pipeline
- Lead by example and embody company s Core Values
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Capable of successfully executing $10+ million worth of project(s) annually
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with client, General Contractor, Design Team, Trade Partners and internal teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of the electrical construction industry and construction operations principles is required.
- Proficient in Pre-Construction standards and procedures
- Proficient in scheduling, cost controls and financial reporting
- Advanced knowledge in reading and interpreting specs and blueprints
- Demonstrated history of successful teambuilding is required.
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to motivate and inspire team members
- Proficient in conflict management
- Continuous improvement oriented and always looking for innovative ways to do their job
- Leads by example to their team and demonstrates the Adams way in everything they do
- Ability to develop and train employees of all career types
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products including Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, BlueBeam and OneNote.
- Proficient in accounting software
- Accubid experience is a plus
- 10+ years of applicable experience working in Electrical Construction
- 5+ years or more in a management level position
- Associate / Bachelors degree in related field of study (e.g., Construction Management, Business Administration, etc.) - encouraged but not required