|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
Role: Digital Marketing & Web Manager
Territory: North America
Location: Mt. Pleasant, SC
Job Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor's degree, Masters a plus
Sawgrass is the leading developer of digital printing technologies that allow customers to customize a vast array of products --- large and small --- including plastics, metals, films, ceramics, and textiles. Sawgrass develops state-of-the-art systems that enable users around the globe to produce highly customized, high-quality, full-color images. Sawgrass is headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina with additional offices in England, Spain, and Australia.
The Digital Marketing & Web Manager reports to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for the design, development, and performance of Sawgrass's multiple website properties. They must be well-versed in hands-on WordPress site development and management with a firm grasp of digital marketing know-how across all channels. This person will be responsible for managing and implementing global web content, digital initiatives and user subscription growth to support Sawgrass's goals of driving user acquisition and generating leads for the dealer channel. In addition, this person will work closely with Sawgrass's in-house team and future digital agencies to ensure strong synergies between media plans and optimize across the different channels to drive day-to-day and long-term performance.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Skilled: Sawgrass needs someone with keen B2B and B2C digital marketing sensibilities coupled with proven hands-on WordPress skills. Must be detailed and passionate about writing clean code, solid site design, and digging into analytics to make data-driven decisions. The Digital Marketing & Web Manager must also possess strong communication skills to logically share solutions with a variety of stakeholders.
Proactive & Efficient: Sawgrass is seeking a highly organized individual who is excited about new challenges and growth opportunities. A self-motivated individual who can effectively prioritize and execute on tasks.
Well-Rounded: Solid design and development skills are key, but this candidate also needs to understand the digital marketing and business world to help drive the performance and success of our digital efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
As the Digital Marketing & Web Manager, you will be responsible for leading content strategy, content management, and day-to-day updates and execution of Sawgrass's digital properties in alignment with our organizational goals including:
- Own the functionality and performance of multiple branded websites across all development stages.
- Ensure websites are lead generators, drive organic traffic, clearly deliver our brand image, integrate with marketing/user subscription campaigns, and deliver a superior user experience for all our users around the world.
- Understand digital creative process from design to delivery across multiple teams (strategy, information architecture, analytics, UX, design, content, SEO, development, QA, localization).
- Ability to proactively identify site needs, improve stability, and enhance performance including plugin selection, theme enhancements, site speed, cart functionality, general code health, and maintenance.
- Develop and execute a roadmap for ongoing website improvements by keeping up to date with industry best practices, monitoring competitor/dealer sites, analyzing user experience, and aligning with our business strategies.
- Maintain global compliance of the website, including but not limited to GDPR compliance (European Regulation)
- Create and implement content management process, outlining requirements and steps from creative concept to production.
- Understand past and current performance of the website and options/limitations within our CMS to make informed recommendations on best practices.
- Develop a robust SEO strategy that includes keyword research, local SEO, and on-page optimization to identify gaps in current content and increase customer engagement and drive traffic to the Sawgrass websites.
- Conduct routine content audits to ensure the communication across our digital properties is consistent and cohesive with the brand direction, and accurately depicts current product offerings.
- Regularly monitor Google Analytics to uncover key insights to inform future digital strategies.
- Assesses, prepare, and disseminate web analytic reports to site owners and provide top-line reporting on site performance.
- Collaboration with internal and external partners, including teammates, agencies, and subject matter experts to develop an understanding of both current and new initiatives across the organization.
- Intake and prioritization of business requests for new or revised web content. Work directly with internal and external teams for updates, changes, and enhancements.
- Must be able to proactively make recommendations, communicate status, identify risks, and thoughtfully and co-operatively negotiate with partners and stakeholders on deadlines, scope of work, and articulate tradeoffs.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems logically and systematically.
- Available outside of normal business hours if site issues occur, which may include but are not limited to crashes, malfunctions, and downtime.
- Solid prioritization skills and the ability and willingness to balance several ongoing projects and simultaneous management of multiple websites on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop, build, and deploy e-mail marketing campaigns. Report on essential KPIs for email campaigns as it relates to other channels and associated initiatives.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience.
- 5 + years of full-stack WordPress web development experience.
- Ability to ensure all HTML passes W3 validation tests and meets Google Quality Guidelines.
- Experience in the wireframing and the development of themes, child themes and functionality of WordPress multisite networks.
- Experience in SEO management, reputation management, and managing paid media activities across multiple platforms and channels.
- Understanding of SEO and how its impacted by development.
- Experience with developing, deploying and analyzing email marketing campaigns.
- Experienced in measuring campaign and website performance and identifying trends and opportunities for optimizations.
- Experience in both B2B and B2C marketing, brand building, and generating brand awareness.
- Exceptional communication skills-verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Must be a self-starter, able to meet and set deadlines, take direction well, and keep manager and team appraised as required.
- Familiarity with a mobile first, responsive approach to design coupled with optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Strong Google Analytics, conversion tracking and reporting skills.
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Business, or other applicable areas of study.
- Experience working at a media agency or managing agency relationships.
- Experience with a franchise business structure or working with franchise owners.
- Familiar with coding and managing multi-language sites.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Data Studio Reporting, Google Tag manager and other similar tools.
- Direct experience in setting up and optimizing Google AdWords campaigns and Social media campaigns.