|Location||La Mesa, California|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Provides managerial oversight to a construction project or a series of construction projects. Responsible for the overall direction, administration, completion, and financial outcome of a construction project. Manages work of project teams including facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule, to establish operational priorities and maintains satisfactory relationships with service area leadership and staff, subcontractors, unions, etc.
- Responsible for all phases (planning, scheduling and managing) of the design and construction process for a construction or refurbishment project generally in the range of $25 million to $50 million in cumulative budget responsibility.
- Secures management support for project scopes budgets, and goals.
- Negotiates with local and state jurisdictions.
- Defines project parameters in terms of time, money, physical objectives and outside constraints.
- Develops and manages a project team comprised of facility administration, project coordinators, general contractors and contracted consultants responsible for developing project scope, budget and schedule.
- Leads team in establishing scope, budget and schedule, and maintains such commitments through design, construction, and close-out processes.
- Supervises on-site Design and Construction teams, communicating goals and project status with facility leadership.
- Evaluates and provides guidance during all planning stages of medical and regional facilities including making economic comparisons of development schemes, recommending options in conformance to master plan.
- Negotiates fees and business decisions for contracts with professional contractors.
- Reviews and approves consultant and contractor invoices, and approves change orders to contract documents.
- Ensures Facilities Services goals for client service are continuously met through the design and construction process.
- Ensures that projects are completed in compliance with Kaiser standards for quality/functionality and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Leads and manages timely procurement for all permits required by regulatory authorities.
License, Certification, Registration