|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
The Commissioning Provider will leverage expertise to lead multiple building commissioning (Cx) projects from award through acceptance/occupancy in accordance with industry best practices and project guidelines. Achieving high levels of client satisfaction and quality while maintaining schedule and project budget are paramount.
Preferred candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of practical, hands-on experience with commercial HVAC, electrical, or building automation systems as an engineer, designer, programmer, or installer.
- A 2-year technical degree in building sciences and/or a nationally recognized Commissioning Certification is a plus.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 40-60%) is required. Projects will be local within Minnesota, but also throughout the United States.
- Extensive HVAC and/or controls background. Candidate must possess the knowledge and capabilities to perform investigation of Energy Management Control Systems / Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems and to recommend and implement advanced control strategies.
- Thorough understanding of construction documentation including drawings and specifications.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving aptitude.
- Desire to learn continuously and enhance technical and professional skills.
- Previous experience implementing low-cost Energy Conservation Measures is preferred.
- Skilled with building automation and computer software, including Excel and Word to effectively compile well designed and organized documents.
- Read and follow project specific specifications as pertaining to commissioning.
- Conduct design review of project documents for conformance to design requirements, LEED, Minnesota B3, and other sustainability programs.
- Complete field inspections, witness equipment startups, and test and balance activities.
- Generate and maintain records of site observations, testing processes, and checklists.
- Develop and maintain positive professional working relationships with clients, architects, engineers, and contractors.
- Stay current with appropriate engineering and construction codes.
- Analyze and interpret trend analysis reports and provide recommendations for system improvements.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
- Lifting/Moving: 50 lbs. occasionally, 20 lbs. frequently.
- Climbing/Balancing: Frequent work on step ladders, extension ladders, scaffolding, and uneven surfaces.
- Walking: Extensive walking frequently required throughout a regular or extended workday.
- Stooping/Bending/Crawling: Frequent requirement and often necessary in confined spaces.
- Reaching: Frequent reaching overhead, horizontally and below feet.
- Driving Vehicles/Air Travel: Frequently required.