|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
This Business Development Manager is a senior position in Bureau Veritas North America - Code Compliance Division. This division is the leading building code and jurisdictional code compliance consultant to private, government and public agencies throughout the United States. Our top priority is to partner with our clients, developer, design teams, and construction teams in the successful completion of their project, thorough code compliance consulting that includes building, civil, fire and accessibility plan reviews and inspections to comply with established Federal, State and Local construction codes, ordinance and requirements.
Bureau Veritas North America has a strong national reputation for providing honest, non-biased code based support through frequent and ongoing communication.
The Business Development Manager position is responsible for identifying, penetrating and developing new markets, while growing relationships with established key organizations and agencies with a strong focus on cross selling all Bureau Veritas Service Offerings.
Successful candidate will achieve growth objectives by developing and implementing development plans for targeted clients in both private and public sector markets where adherence to established Civil, Building, Fire and Accessibility codes, laws and ordinances is paramount to their mission and success with a primary focus on Federal, State and Local Agencies, Military and P3 (Public / Private ventures) projects.
This position involves relationship-based sales targeting, prospecting, proposing and closing new business for Code Compliance while introducing and selling all Bureau Veritas services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job-related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase drive revenue and brand awareness
- Provide active follow-up with clients / potential clients as it relates to corporate marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth within key market by identifying key organizations, researching and analyzing these organizations; understand current and future market trends for key organizations.
- Establish objectives by forecasting and developing sales plan for assigned territories, and projecting expected sales volume.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics; Keep management informed by submitting weekly activity reports and communicating with management on a weekly/monthly basis about activities/progress within the assigned region.
- Identify and qualify potential clients that fit the Code Compliance Divisions ideal client profile with the goal of setting up face to face meetings to propose engagement of service offerings. The performance of the Business Development Manager in this area will be a key measure of effectiveness in the first six months in the position.
- Customize Bureau Veritas North America services for clients by adjusting and focusing the sales efforts to targeted client's business needs; with emphasis on cross selling all Bureau Veritas service offerings.
- Increase revenue with existing clients by developing broad and deep, long-term relationships within the client's organization.
- Represents Bureau Veritas Code Compliance Division at local, regional and national industry-specific conferences.
- Enhance professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Deliver outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to client's needs.
- Follow all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of Bureau Veritas North America quality standards.
- Business Development Manager will be expected to travel to all regions of the country during the year to qualify and close leads. Travel is expected 2-3 times per month for this purpose.
- Provide market intelligence and ideas to marketing team to enhance brand awareness.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Three to five years account management, sales or marketing representative experience in the area(s) of construction, engineering services or government related services; Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns; proven sales record of developing and achieving sales objectives; experience developing and implementing a strategic sales plan; demonstrated ability to penetrate targeted client accounts and form deep, long-term relationships with client's organization; working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Sales Force.
Other Qualifications Excellent verbal and written communications including excellent interpersonal skills; highly developed organizational and time management skills; excellent analytical skills that synergize the market; ability to work independently and to perform in a team setting; strong leadership skills; strategic mindset.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.