|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Building Automation Systems Engineer
Type: Full Time
Amazing opportunity to join a thriving medical devise manufacturing company in Rockland County. We have a Building Automation Systems Engineer opening with great benefits and growth potential. This new addition will be responsible for providing technical manufacturing support for existing and new equipment, processes and for designing developing and introducing new processes and equipment from conception through qualification.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Perform high level Building Automation System software and hardware troubleshooting on complex HVAC systems and subsystems including network and controllers.
· Fine-tuning systems through testing and evaluation procedures.
· Test and evaluate the mechanical and/or building automation systems of industrial buildings to ensure these systems operate as designed and constructed, and make recommendations to improve efficiency.
· Integrate low voltage building sub-systems.
· Apply knowledge of microcontroller programming, binary and digital logic, and analog circuits.
· Supervise the installation and maintenance of building automation systems that create centralized controls for such features as a building's lighting system, heating and cooling system, and water heating system.
· Inspect, test, adjust, and balance heating, cooling, and ventilating systems in commercial and industrial buildings to achieve performance standards specified in the design of the system.
· Manage pharmaceutical technical transfers including all relevant activities that need to be performed to manufacture, control and measure product quality.
· Commission new equipment using well planned, documented, and managed engineering approach to the start-up and turnover of facilities, systems, and equipment to the Production Department that results in a safe and functional environment that meets established design requirements and stakeholder expectations.
· Assist in the design of new equipment, processes, procedures, and systems.
· Understand CMMS and OEE software, to help organize and assemble data, assign action items and identify areas of weakness or omission for improvement.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable specifications, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and FDA regulations.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering Industrial Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
· At least 2 years of experience in Medical Device Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, or FDA regulated environment in Facilities related roles.
· Knowledge and experience operating under OSHA standards.
· Knowledge of or trained in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma.
· At least 5 years of experience with third-party vendors, contractors and service providers required.
· Demonstrated experience managing a biotech facility, including a combination of manufacturing, research, and office space. Experience scaling operations and building new space is preferred.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Knowledge of and experience with CMMS, steam, compressed air, process instrumentation, industrial operations, maintenance operations (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, compressor and HVAC), OEE - Overall Equipment Efficiency, SAP and MS Office, understanding of cleanrooms and cGMP, read blue prints/schematics and to use shop tools.
· Generate technical documentation for Maintenance Operations such as work instructions for production processes.
· Train staff Supervise operator training.
This is an immediate permanent opportunity! Qualified candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of resume submission.