|Location||Not Specified, West Virginia|
|Date Posted||August 2, 2022|
Branch Civil is searching for a reliable General Laborer to join our well-established, growing company. The Laborer will perform a variety of tasks involving manual labor in heavy/highway construction projects. The ideal candidate should be capable of working with minimal oversight but willing to follow directions closely.
- Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment
- Follow project instructions from construction manager or supervisor
- Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety procedures on the job site and report violations immediately to management.
- Safely operate a variety of tools including pressure washers, jackhammers, drills, pipe saws, grinders, jumping jack, plate compactor.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment
- Prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt, installing E&S controls, exposing existing utilities.
- Clean and clear debris and hazardous materials
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
Duties/Responsibilities Cont. Qualifications
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Knowledge of utility work specifically storm drain.
Competencies Dependability Adaptability/Flexibility Communicating Effectively Following Policies and Procedures Working Safely Travel Supervisory Responsibility Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands). The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which will typically involve 40+ hours a week.
It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of the Company not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and condition of employment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.